Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fond (Unofficial) Farewell to Summer 2008

As is the case with any passing summer, I hate to say goodbye. With the 'unofficial' end of summer passing this weekend, I've realized that this has been my favorite summer for a number of reasons...

The IrishKids are older and a bit easier (hope that statement doesn't come back to bite me in the A$$!) What I mean is they're both walking, talking, sharing, playing, and arguing with each other! At times it can be exasperating and other times...it's hilarious.
I feel like I really got to spend quality time with the IrishKids and their father this summer. As crazy as that may sound, in years past I always felt like I wasn't around enough. And I've enjoyed our time (yes, even the trying times) immensely!
I'm sure the children have enjoyed the summer too! They've spent quality time with family, visited with their Uncle B, Auntie Manda, and Auntie Kathleen, spent numerous weekends with their favorite cousins, had trips to Grandma & Papa's swimming pool, and the list goes on and on. Let's put it this way, they've kept a very busy social calendar. And I feel fortunate to have those special memories for them and us!
As the school year is upon us...oh, did I mention I started grad school last week? And Alan transitions into his new job, I know that change will occur. And while change can be good - it disrupts (for a time) the balance that we've created in our lives and theirs. My hope is that the IrishKids are happy when they think about Summer 2008. And I hope you've had the opportunity to enjoy your Summer 2008 as much as I have!

5 comments:

Judi said...

I bet many a memory has been created for them and many more to come. Good luck to both of you, hugs to the kids. We will be seeing you all soon.
Aunt Judi

auntie.k said...

yes summer has come to an end not that we got the good weather here, but i did have the chance to have some good times and weather with you all in my visit to you.
It was good to spend and take some memories home with me for the summer of 2008. looking forward to the christmas ones to come also.
love Auntie Kitzer.

Jeff and Leadon said...

Summer, where did it go? And why so fast. Your kids have gotten so grown up, as mine have...Maybe we will get them together before High School! Time goes by so fast. It looks like you had a great summer!

Michelle and Jack said...

You WERE around more this summer...and Jack & Lily loved their time with you all. I could have used a bit more coffee, and a bit more alcohol...but yes, it was a good one.

Hello, Fall...yeah!

Gr. Susie said...

You mean that summer's gone? Heck we're still having fun...tenting, football, and hopefully taking Sunday bike rides are just around the corner...Fall is fabulous_it's winter that gets long.