Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This One's for You Aunt Marge...

It's safe to say that in my family the summer months = fun times! One of our family's summer constants is the annual family reunions, which give us the time to catch up with family that we haven't seen in weeks, months, days, or hours - sometimes since the last reunion.

The first of our annual family reunion takes place every year on Father's Day weekend at my Aunt Margie's house in Coal City! It's the ideal setting and allows for all the things that remind me of summertime from my childhood, like camping under the stars...

and frolicking in the water...
hangin' with my cousins...both young and old - oh the memories that were made. and of course, showing off our stuff, as we all do from time to time!
And inevitably, showing everyone else at the reunion and on the lake what you're made of...the roof may not look that high off the water in the pictures...but take my word for it, it's HIGH!
But once you get the first jump in - it becomes addicting. I'm told that my cousins pictured here (Patrick, Sean, Bobby, Kim, Kelsey, & Nicole) jumped off the roof at least 100 times!

And the IrishKids made sure they were right up front to see their big cousins take the leap. I can just hear the little voices in their heads..."just a few more years and it's my turn!"

The reunion is a great time and the whole family gets the chance to catch up, have a few laughs, share lots of memories and make new ones. Unfortunately, this reunion happens before Margie arrives for the summer. Thanks Aunt Margie and Uncle Ray for the use of the house. We had a great time and wish you could have been there celebrating the family with us!

2 comments:

Jeff and Leadon said...

Looks like so much fun!

Michelle and Jack said...

You're right...the cottage isn't "completely" the cottage without Aunt Margie & Uncle Ray.

And, you're also right about those memories...I've only been in attendance for the last 10 of these, and already have a stockpile of memories! "Our" family does a good job of making people feel like they've been part of the family forever.