Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us

***WARNING: The following post is filled with a great deal of loving nostalgia...read at your own risk***

Today, Alan and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. As most of you know, we've been busy these last five years and I must say, I'm proud of our results! It may be crazy, but it's worth it. But this post isn't really about the IrishKids...it's about their parents.

I love our wedding anniversary. It's fun for me to think back to our wedding day and all that was happening. Mostly, I remember how excited I was to be marrying Alan. He was the man I had been searching for (still is!) and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have found him.

It was such a fun day...spending the morning with family and friends, wearing a gorgeous wedding gown, toasting to a long and happy life with my best friend. And of couse, the day was so much better than how I had imagined it would be.

Our wedding was the first time that I had the chance to meet many of Alan's family. How lucky I was to be marrying into a family that was as loving, supportive, and as much about having a good time, as my own. Today, it's hard to imagine a time when I didn't know and love Alan's mother, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends!

And of course having Alan's family here meant that our wedding celebration lasted more than just the day or weekend...we celebrated and celebrated and celebrated! Lots of laughs and memories made in those two weeks for both families!

Marrying this man was never a question in my mind. He is thoughtful, kind, generous, loving, patient (lucky for me!) and so much more. I'm truly blessed that he's my partner in this life. And I still get butterflies when I see him. I told my parents and Kathleen last weekend that when Alan comes home, I feel like I did when I was a kid on Christmas Eve!

Happy Anniversary Alan. Thank you for the last five years and here's to many, many more. You are simply the best and I look forward to the adventures that lie ahead for us. I love you.








1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I'm so glad to have spent October 22, 2004, and the past 5 years with you both. What fun!!!