Monday, May 2, 2011

Guest Blog by Amanda

Hi there! This is not Shannon.  It's Amanda guest blogging (without permission) from The Girls.  Shannon was silly enough to give me her password and log in information.  Ha!  Actually, during our visit this weekend I did make her connect Twitter to her blog, and hope she'll tweet more to update all her family and friends who live overseas and out of state on what's happening with those three monkeys (four, if you count Alan). 

I gave Kit and Fionn my camera to take some pictures of each other, and I took a few myself.  I used those pictures to put together this little video of our weekend together.  The theme song is for Maggie. 




Some important facts about the Gormely family that you should know:

1.  Kit can ride a bike--like REALLY ride a bike.  It's impressive.  I taught her how to ride standing up to go faster.  At first, she said, "how can I pedal if I'm standing up?"  Then, she figured it out.  Someone get that girl a helmet! Manda says so!

2.  Fionn is a little flirt.  He's all boy and full of energy.  He loves his sisters dearly, and if you ignore Kit's bruised cheek, he is almost always sweet to his big sister even when they argue.  Finn also eats all kinds of vegetables, and I was amazed at what great eaters all the kids are.  Shannon reminded me that dinner is what's on the table.  They need to eat it, and nobody will starve.

3. Maggie is a party girl, loves to dance, and poops like a middle aged man.  She also mimics everything her big sister does.  Maggie is the cutest little thing when she repeats all the ending words to your sentences.  "Do you want some yogurt?" "Yo-gert. Yeah." She'll be talking in full sentences in two weeks...tops.  Maggie also has Bieber Fever.  Send some Tylenol. 

4. Alan never sits down except to eat.  Really, I never saw that man sit still for one second.  Also, he doesn't talk much, but when he does, the kids LISTEN.  It's amazing.  (In other unrelated news, I still can barely understand him.)

5.  Shannon is an amazing mom, and does a great job juggling all of her responsibilities (even though she is too hard on herself).  She relies on the support and love of her family and friends to help her do it all, and she is SO grateful for all the support she has.  Shannon is also an incredible friend, and I love her very much.  (See you in Cabo, babe!)

Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

Michelle said...

SUPER Sweet!

Terri said...

Amanda you did a great job. The video was amazing. The relatives in Texas don't get to see many pictures of the kids. They are an amazing family!!!