Monday, May 7, 2007

And a Happy Cinco De Mayo to You!

What a weekend, what a weekend! Talk about filling up your free time. And par for the course...none of it was planned in advance! Friday night, Alan & I decided to invite the family over for a BBQ and bonfire. We're talking Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins,etc! It was a great time and went quite smoothly! Especially since we decided at 4:30 that we'd have a BBQ for 7pm and didn't have anything at home to cook!

On Saturday, the Kids and I went to see their big cousin, Carly, play softball! It was a double header, so lunch was involved and lots of fresh air and sunshine! Works wonders on them. We had a lot of fun. Kit was having a great time cheering the girls on! She'd clap when everyone else clapped, yelled when everyone else yelled, and ran around like a lunatic whenever it struck her fancy! Fionn was happy to hang out and be cute! Something that he does quite well! Later that day, I met up with friends from work for margaritas and then Alan went out with the guys after I came home! We decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...even if it wasn't together!

On Sunday, we took it easy, went for a stroll around town, had lunch and then naps (Mommy too!), and then headed over to Grandma & Poppa's for BBQ ribs and potato salad...YUM! Such a fun weekend...and lots of opportunities for pictures! The problem is...I didn't have my camera on me once (I know Auntie Kathleen is terribly disappointed, but not a bit surprised)! I must have said at least 4 times, "DAMN...why didn't I bring my camera?"

Never fear...I know it's my responsibility as a born-again blogger to get some updated pics of the Kids. So I whipped out the trusty digital and snapped a few photos of them tonight, when we came home! Enjoy. I hope all of you had a fantastic and festive weekend!








3 comments:

Daniel & Jennifer said...

Love the pics! It's great to finally see some new ones! :) 2 days of school left, then finals. I'm soo glad it's almost over! I'm really looking forward to the summer & hopefully I'll make it down there soon to see everyone. Give Kit & Finn lots of hugs & kisses from me!

Brenden said...

Holy cow, I feel like they have done two years worth of growing instead of two months since the last time I saw them. The bald head is apparently gone for good. And is the little man ever unhappy, I remember that smile giving me the energy for a few extra pints while trying to keep up with Alan's uncles. Keep it up Shan, you know that I will be hounding this site for updates. One small request, could you get a picture of Kit and Lily, I can't imagine what she must be like now. See you soon.

Michelle and Jack said...

You forgot to tell your blog followers that you had to have Jack's Taxi Service come pick you up.