Friday, May 11, 2007

The Missing Uncle, Gone...But Not Forgotten!

The Kids Uncle Brenden has been living in Brussels, Belgium since February. He's staying with my Aunt Margie & Uncle Ray while student teaching/interning at the International School of Brussels. For my gypsy brother...it's a dream come true! Not to mention, he had the chance to spend loads of quality time with our cousin, Chas, before he moved to Dubai. The boys have always had a lot of fun together and have been known to wreak a bit havoc...and from what I hear...that hasn't changed one bit!!!

I have a picture of them as my screensaver at home. It's one of my favorite shots...definitely a picture that says 1,000 words. Anyway, the two of them are sitting on a park bench with their backs at the camera, taking in the view. The view consists of a beautiful lake, snow covered mountains, and a brilliant blue sky in Interlaaken, Switzerland. And as a matter of fact, I tried to upload it to the blog a couple of different times and haven't been able to figure it out! Maybe one of these days (I wouldn't hold your breath...I'm hopeless, remember).

Anyway, I'm home with the Kids today, as their babysitter (or Mommy #2), Mel is off for the day. Fionn was taking nap #2, so I decided to check my e-mail and blogs (I'm not going to lie...my favorite part of the blog is the comments)! As I turned on my computer and the screensaver popped up, Kit pointed at the picture (to Brenden specifically) and said "BRENDEN" clear as day! Usually, Brenden sounds like "Brmmbum" when she says it. But not today! I was glad to have a little something to blog about...compliments of the cailindeas!

So Uncle B...you may not be here all the time...but your neices and nephew know who you are and can't wait to see you! Take care of yourself. Love you Uncle B! Kit, Lily, & Fionn

1 comment:

Brenden said...

What can I say? Kit is a smart little kid, and she knows how to get her bread buttered. It's a shame that I have already broke the toy I bought for her. As far as being a "gypsy", I don't live in a caravan, and I don't think they ever reside in an apartment like the one we are in now. I would consider myself to be more of a wanderer. Anyway, good work on the frequency Shan, I look forward to seeing more pictures and funny stories in the near future.