Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Weekends Rock!

This weekend we spent more quality time with the Grandparents. It's a favorite thing to do anytime really, but especially in the summer! As you can see, the kids enjoyed a variety of activities during their visit. Saturday, Kit got to take a dip in the pool (cute swimsuit, eh?). This is something she absolutely LOVED last summer. This summer...not so much. She didn't scream or cry, thankfully, she just preferred to be out of the water as opposed to in it! I'm sure that will change as the summer heats up.

On Sunday, she took a bike ride (aka: great adventure) with her grandparents, Aunt Carol, Uncle Pat and his sons, Tyler and Kyle, and my cousin, Rhett, his wife, Caroline, and their little guy, Evan (who is 5 weeks older than Kit). Unfortunately, Alan and I were not able to join the group. Alan had to work and I am healing from an injury (I fell on my bum, HARD, about a week and a half ago, and the thought of my bike seat made me cringe). Fionn and I hung out at my parents house for the afternoon. He slept and I read...soooo nice.

I think the "bikers" rode about 10 miles in all! Now, the way we go for bike rides may be a bit different than what you'd expect. This 10 mile ride lasts about 3 hours...yes, 3 hours...and includes a few pit stops along the way. We have a trailer for the kids and my uncle has a trailer for his kids...Miller and Heine! Not the best workout, I realize...but we always have a great time. Alan and I were sorry we missed the great adventure!

And the little man...he was content to hang out with his mom and grandma! Until she sprayed him in the face with the hose...on accident of course! All in all, a great weekend.

1 comment:

Brenden said...

Shan, how do you fall on your ass in the middle of the summer, there is no ice on the ground. Sounds like someone had her daughter grab a few too many "Heine's" from the fridge. Its a good thing you decided to lay of the bike ride, the last thing Kit and Finn need is the lasting image of their mom looking like she was beat up by Rocky (aka mom telling us to see what had happened on the bike ride the night before and suddenly turning into Two-Face from the Batman series). Those moments need to be saved for when they are older and understand that parents need to have their fun too.

Anyway, I love the pictures, its good to see the little (Finn) and the big (Evan) men in the blog. See you soon