Friday, June 1, 2007

Taming of the Shrew...

My sister-in-law saw, Michelle, read the previous post and laughed at how bearable I made our Memorial Day weekend sound (as I mentioned in my last post, Kit was a bit off). In reality, last weekend and this WHOLE week, were quite UNBEARABLE with the little shrew! She was extremely whiney, highly irritable, and nothing made her happy, no matter what...for SIX straight days! Your probably thinking..."what the hell is wrong with you, you MORON, take her tiny, little butt to the doctor! There's obviously something wrong with her!" I promise the next time she starts acting this way...we are going to the doctor straight away!

My reasoning behind skipping the doctor visit: her fever went away, her gums looked swollen and white where her molars should be, and it's spring...she can't be sick...she's teething! Another lesson learned, do NOT self diagnose! We did eventually see the good Doc, who informed me that indeed, Kit's gums are swollen...but her main issues are her DOUBLE ear infection and BRONCHITIS! No wonder she's been a shrew. Anyway, the nice Doc gave me a perscription to make Kitzer feel much better. Unfortunately, there is no perscription for taking away Mommy's stress and guilt. Just one of the things that goes along with being a Mom, right?

The good news: her medication must be kicking in, because she's actually kind of fun to be around now! The bad: I've discovered that my daughter can give looks that will stop you in your tracks at 21months. I must say I am not looking foward to the teenage years at all (especially because I remember what I was like as a teen...YIKES)! And what about Fionn...it seems that he's all ready learned to "fly under the radar" when his sister starts winding Mom & Dad up! Hopefully, that will never change.

3 comments:

Brenden said...

Finn will fly under the radar when he wants to. With an older sister like Shannon, I mean Kit, it is an easy thing to do. I am just wondering if in the next blog, Kit is organizing plays and choreographing dances with Lily and Evan. The girl is a replica of her mother. She cracks me up with every picture I see. Side note: I hope that picture of Kit and Finn is not actual scale. It looks like Finn's head is as big as mine. That would completely ruin the viking winter cap I got him.

Meier said...

Hey, with all those teeth I can completely see that could be the assumed diagnosis. Great picture of the cutie! I'll prepare myself to reecive that look from her in the future. I appreciate the warning. It might have been too emotionally damaging had I not known that it occured often. Love ya!

Amanda said...

Like mother, like daughter....

:)