Monday, May 28, 2007

The Future's So Bright...


What do you think of the cool shades? They're compliments of Grandma and Grandpa, specifically for lounging by the pool this summer! Which they will be able to do, thanks to the IrishKids father, who built a very new, very solid (finally), pool deck! My mom and dad, Alan and myself even tested the deck's strength by diving into the pool for the inaugural swim! The temperature? A "mild" 68 degrees! No big deal.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all! I hope you've enjoyed your long weekend. A very big thanks to all of those who have served our country and continue to do so. We are grateful for your commitment and tremendous heart.

I love long weekends! I always have the best intentions when it comes to getting things accompolished. But at this point, I should know that even the best laid plans can fall to pieces, especially when the "sidekicks" are involved!


Unfortunately, one of my sidekicks was not at all herself this weekend. Most of the weekend was spent crying, throwing temper tantrums, pushing her cousins around (I mean literally pushing them), and telling her parents, "NO, NO, NO"! My only hope is that "this too shall pass", because if it's the onset of the dreaded "terrible two's"...I'm not sure I'll make it! This photo was snapped during one of the 20 minute intervals in which she decided to cooperate. Needless to say, both Alan and I are looking foward to work tomorrow!

The other sidekick was quite content to hang out and explore the world around him. He's quite mobile now, as he's got the "army" crawl down to a science. And crawling around in his Grandma's yard this summer gives him lots and lots to explore! You see, the cicada's are in town now and have given the kids lots to look at! The other day, Lily picked one up by the wings and said "Hi Bug"! Her mother was not at all impressed! Fionn had a cicada land right on his hand while Grandma was feeding him...he attempted to eat it (they're chock full of protein), only to have his attempt thwarted by Grandma & Mommy! Ah well, maybe when they come back...in 17 years!

2 comments:

Brenden said...

Glad to see that you are back on the blog. I have been waiting for updates. Those kids look so damned cute with their shades. So the deck is done, have you guys found an electrician to do your basement? All is well here in Brussels, but I am looking forward to being back within the month.

Aunt Margie said...

Great job! It is great for us "out of town relatives" to keep up with the munchkins and will also serve as a living document for the kids in the future-an onrunning photo album!! Now that's planning ahead!!

Can't wait to see all this summer.