Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Baby Day

A couple weeks ago, the IrishKids went to work with Mommy. You see in 2006, my employer experienced quite the baby boom. I think there were something like 30 babies born to employees. So to celebrate, we were invited to Baby Day! It was great to see my colleagues with their little ones. So many cute babies, but that's no surprise, we're a good looking group!


Anyway, I brought both the children to Baby Day. Fionn loved it! He had no problem flirting with the girls and the camera. Kit, on the other hand, wasn't so sure at first. She thought it would be in her best interest to stick to Mommy. No joke, she was like stuck to me for the first 15-20 minutes.
Eventually, she warmed up a bit. That's when she decided to flex her two year old muscles, and by muscles, I mean vocal chords! Ahhhh, the joys of parenting a two year old. At the time, I must admit, I was a bit flustered...what would my colleagues think??? But when I look back...she did pretty darn good, considering she hadn't had lunch or her afternoon nap (I swear, that is not the norm). And in about a year's time...my colleagues will be living it too! I guess we're lucky, we'll all be able to put ourselves in the other persons shoes.
Anyway, it was a fun event to be a part of...but I was exhausted when I left! The sad part, I was only there for an hour. I swear, I should be alot thinner from all the exercise these two make sure I get! I'm glad I was able to see the other mommies in action. They're all doing a helluva job! Congrats.

2 comments:

Judi said...

What a fun day. How I would love to ride my bike on a crisp/frosty morning. Maybe in January it will be cool enough to do so.
aunt judi

Terri said...

It sounds like fun. Can't wait until I can ride a bike again, though I think Kit and Finn have the best idea. The kids are getting so big. Lot the pics of them