Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy First Birthday Fionn!

Dear Fionn,
Happy 1st Birthday little man! I'm not sure where the time has gone. I've spent the last few days remembering what I was doing one year ago. 365 days later...I can't imagine life without you. A few things about you at this point in your life. You are such a BOY! I mean that with all the love and exasperation that a mother has for her son. At the ripe ol' age of 1, you show no signs of wanting to listen to me (even your bossy big sister demonstrates a glimmer of hope). And when you do get in trouble, you flash me this charming grin and make your eyes all twinkly...I can't help but smile and smother you with kisses!
And what about the relationship with the other woman in your life...your big sis, Kit? You love her with all your heart and soul. There is no denying that she is your best pal, the person you trust completely (besides mom & dad). All that being said, you are no pushover. She's gotten her licks in...but we all know what they say about payback! You've started with your own sneak attacks, which mainly consists of pulling her hair and stealing her favorite things. I'm proud of you for standing up to her...she needs someone to put her in her place from time to time.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate your first with the rest of the family in town. Because you share your birthday with your cousin Ryan (Happy 32nd, by the way), I'm sure you won't mind if he helps you blow out the candles on the birthday cake! You also have the same birthday as your Grandpa Michael. I have a feeling he'll be here to celebrate with you...in spirit. You've got loads of people who are sending you birthday wishes from all over the U.S. and the globe.
Oh, the things you have taught us so far! You bring so much joy and love into our lives. We love you more than words can say! Happy Birthday Fionn.

Love - Mommy





6 comments:

Daniel & Jennifer said...

Wow, where does the time go? Happy Birthday Finn! October is a busy month, your b-day, Lily's & Kennedy's b-days, your mommy & daddy's anniversary....Tell your mommy I enjoy seeing pictures of you & your big sis, wish I got to see more of you in person!

auntie.k said...

hi there
well done shannon great to see the little man on his birthday day and his big sister helping him enjoy the birthday cake.
Birthday wishes to you Fionn and hope you have a good birthday celebration we will be thinking of you and sure we can celebrate when you get here at christmas.
love to you all and hope you are treating your nana B good.
love Auntie Kathleen and Auntie Denise.

Judi said...

Happy 1st Bithday Fionn. Have a blast at the birthday weekend celebrations. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but will sing and extra round of "Happy Birthday" to you and Lily today!
Aunt Judi

The Bahns said...

Wow, are your kids cute!!! I can't believe Fionn is already 1! We hope you guys have a great time with the celebrations this weekend and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, little guy!!

Kit and Finn really look a lot alike in these pictures. I've never met him in person (can you believe it?!) just in utero, but I know I will soon. Miss you all TONS!

Monica said...

I figured out how to do this! Can't believe he is already 1! Hopefully we will get up there to see everyone in the spring. Love the pictures, they are both so cute!