Saturday, December 1, 2007

November in a Nutshell

December 1st all ready????? What happened to November? Lately there have been more than a few passing comments about the lack of new entries posted in the past couple of weeks. It certainly wouldn't be because November's been uneventful. On the contrary...it's been my busiest month, we had a lot going on!

One of the coolest things we did in November was the "Ride the Toll" bike ride. This ride took place the very chilly Sunday before Veteran's Day to honor the new I-355 extension south to I-80. For those of you who are familiar with Chicago expressways...the 355 extension is pretty big deal. We've waited 40+ years for that stretch of highway! We had a group of 9 adults and 5 kids! At first the IrishKids weren't too keen on the idea...especially when there were thousands of other bikes/riders surrounding them. Once we got going though they were fine. I think they even slept for about 45 minutes.


All in all it was a 16.5 mile trip. Not too bad actually...but we were pretty happy to see the trucks when we finished (that might have something to do with the cooler full of "cold ones"). The children were happy to get out of their trailers and use the back of Jack's truck as a play yard! They had fun.
Two days after our bike ride, Jack and Michelle welcomed their second child, as you all know by now! And boy oh boy is he a cutie! I'm sure you've seen his pics too! If not, visit their blog for updates. And two days after little Jack Davidson arrived, I celebrated my 33rd birthday with family and friends! What a night that was...great dinner at Coopers Hawk (plenty of wine consumed) and then drinks and dancing at the Gormley pub (a.k.a. our basement)! It was crazy fun...and I learned that my cousin Drew is quite the dancer! Lucky for him the videos I took were way too dark to see anything!

After that, Thanksgiving! Margie, Debbie, Glenn, Kylie and David arrived and the party did not stop! I needed to go back to work to rest! We hosted a Black Wednesday party at the Gormley Pub for the JV squad (those family members under the age of 35 and over the age of 21). Lots of laughs and plenty of alcohol consumed...I think I'd better take the next couple of weeks to dry out!

Needless to say, November was a good month! And in just two weeks time, we'll be in Ireland for Christmas! Seasons Greetings!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

First of all, I can't believe I didn't call your on your freaking b-day. I'm a crappy friend. SORRY, honey, please know that I love you and wish you a happy belated birthday.

That I355 extension would have cut my drive from Lisle to Tinley Park in HALF, and I am so sad I am not there to enjoy it.

I miss you so much it hurts.