Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Springtime's Here...Start Up the Tractor!!

I can remember soon after we purchased our house, Alan saying, "Now all we need is a tractor!" For a girl who grew up on 108 acres of land, I thought he was nuts! But for those of you who know my husband...you know that he did, indeed, get his tractor.

Last year, Kit was scared "witless" (feel free to substitute a more familiar term) by her daddy's favorite summer toy. She'd run for cover every time she saw or heard it. Boy, what a difference a year makes.
Personally, I think it's just sibling rivalry. There is no way our girl wants to be shown up by her little brother, who has NO problem with the yellow beast! They're too young for sibling rivalry, you say...Sibling rivalry is alive and well in our house. Alan told me a story last night that gave me a clear vision of the future, not to mention a few giggles. Alan had the IrishKids after Mel's and I was at work. He brought both children into the basement so he could have a shower. About halfway through his shower, he heard the two of them screaming and yelling. Then he heard Fionn still yelling and Kit crying. By the time he got out of the shower to see what the commotion was about, they were friends again! I burst out laughing...the IrishKids first fight, sans parents, score one for Fionn! I know, it's hard to imagine that such a sweet little boy could move his BIG sister and BOSS lady to tears...and that my friends is why we'll keep a close eye on our "angelic" son for many years to come!

2 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

Way to go, Fionn! I'm sure she deserved it (a little bit).

Remember to go easy on her, though. She'll be there for you when you need her.

The Bahns said...

Nice tractor! We have one, too. Steve insisted we get one for our last house, which had a much larger yard than we have now. I think he looks pretty silly riding around on the tractor in our current yard because it really isn't that much to mow. Oh well, I think tractors make them feel kind of powerful!!! We can just go along with it!