Monday, September 14, 2009

The First Day of School

Yep that's right...our first baby, Kit Frances, started pre-school today! And not a moment too soon...she's been asking everyday since last Wednesday (pre-school orientation), "is TODAY is the day I go to school?" I'm happy to report that she was super excited that today was finally the day!
Just look at that big cheesy grin. I can remember my mom taking "first day of school" pictures of us all the way through high school. I didn't get it as a kid...but I understand her reasoning now.
And even her brother was excited for her. I thought for sure he'd have a hard time with her doing her own thing, but he was good. Bouncing off the walls when we finally got Kit into her classroom, but surprisingly obliged when I told him to say goodbye to Kit and wish her good luck on her first day at school.

And even more exciting...one of her best buddies, Evan, is in her class! Here they are right before running through the doors to their classroom. I mean it...they ran to get INTO school...here's hoping that exuberance and excitement continues.

And finally in class. See her nametag? All the children have them and we've been asked to make sure they wear them for at least the first 3 weeks, so that everyone can learn names. When Alan and I decided on Kit's name, I can remember thinking that there wouldn't be very many Kit's out there (one of the reasons it appealed to me ). And funny enough, it does stand out...
On Sunday, my parents and I took the children to an art festival in town. Kit and Fionn had written their names on a large piece of art (actually, I think it was Grandma and Poppa), one of Kit's teachers happened to be at the same festival, saw the art piece and came over to us. She said that she saw Kit's name and wondered if it was "her Kit" - I've only met her teacher one other time! I was pretty happy to know that she remembered our Kit.

And they both were fine when Caroline and I said goodbye and headed out. They looked excited and happy and ready to learn. And they were still just as excited when we picked them up this afternoon. It's hard to believe that our first has started her educational adventure. We're so proud of her and definitely look forward to what she'll accomplish this year and in the years to come. Enjoy school Kitzer - it will take you far.




4 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG! She looks so GROWN UP! I love the pic with her hand on the desk, smiling brightly at the camera. So pretty! Miss you!

Daniel & Jennifer said...

Hooray for Kit! We're so glad she enjoyed her first day of school...we hope she's as excited about the second, third, fourth, etc...day of school :)

Terri said...

Kit looks all grown up. Love her hair. Good luck in school Kit enjoy every minute of it.
Aunt T

Michelle and Jack said...

Atta Girl, Kit...make us proud! We love you...