Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Overheard....sister to Sister

Last week as I was getting ready for work, I overheard the following exchange from Kit to Maggie:

Kit (in a cute sing-songy voice): Good Morning Maggie!! It's your big sister, you big sister!!

Maggie happily gurgles back (probably with a smile, since she loves her big sis).

Kit (again with the girly sing-song): Ohhh Maggie, you're such a big girl, yes you're a big girl!!

More happy cooing and gurgling from Maggie.

Kit (with happy surprise): Oh look at you, Maggie...you're stretching like a rainbow!!!

I've got to tell you, the memory of that exchange between sisters continues to put a smile on my face. I do love to watch their sisterly bond develop. And hope that all the sweet moments between them now will stay fresh with me when they're teenagers.
I figure that there will be some point that I'll need to remind them that they liked each other...and that Maggie's big sister once compared her to a beautiful rainbow!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ah....sisters. I love those little private exchanges too. (Now, mine just sass each other, but sometimes a sweet nothing whispers by.) I suppose we really try to nurture what we didn't have. I soooooo want them to love each other all the time.

Michelle said...

Absolutely precious...Savor away!

The English teacher in me is super proud of my niece...what a great simile she came up with!

auntie.k said...

well thats so cute may the years ahead bring as many good one of all the little Gormleys, but i am sure there will be some of of the other side of the coin comments.
love to you all Auntie Kitzer

Jeff and Leadon said...

So cute. Melts my heart!