Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why I Love Saturdays in the Spring...


Saturday's are a great day of the week in general, but they're extra special in the spring. Especially when Mother Nature cooperates like today! Beautiful blue skies, a gentle breeze, and a comfortable temperature...like jeans, a t-shirt, & flip flops kind of weather. You know, the kind of day that convinces you that you MUST be outside.

You probably remember these Saturdays as a college student or pre-parenthood!. For me they typically involved a large group of friends, a grill, and LOTS of ice cold beer! And don't think for one minute that as a mom I don't miss those days...I've just got to be more creative now!

So, as I stated earlier, today is one of those Saturdays...and the last thing that I want is to be cooped up in my house all afternoon. I could feel the "college/pre-parenting" itch coming on. I wanted to call all my friends, pack a cooler full of cold ones, and head to the nearest quad! But that's pretty hard to do with my 20 month & 6 month old sidekicks! And that's when I get creative...


I pack up my sidekicks and take them to our cousin Carly's softball game (she's a fantastic player, I'm SUPER proud of her, & definitely want the kids to see how cool she is). We meet up with some friends...Dad, Uncle Jack, Auntie Mic, Lily, Uncle Mike, Bridget, etc. We eat hot dogs, the kids run around like crazy and completely wear themselves out! After about three hours of this, we pack up and head home...and the Kids fall sound asleep...MAGIC! I crack open a cold one and park myself in front of the computer to tell all of you why I love Springtime Saturdays!

Absolute BLISS!

1 comment:

Brenden said...

Thanks for putting Lily on the site. Its pretty funny that Jack and Michelle are already conditioning her to be a Cubs fan. Hopefully, she will see a championship sometime in her lifetime (and ours).