Monday, September 3, 2007

A Quiet Home

Alan's sisters and cousin, Fiona, have gone back home to Ireland after a whirlwind visit to the States. My children are sleeping and Alan is out, so I should be enjoying the quiet of our little house, right. But I can't help feel a little sad that our visitors have gone home. I only hope that they enjoyed this trip as much as we enjoyed having them here.

The girls definitely started their trip with a bang. No sooner did their plane land in Chicago, did they turn around for a four day adventure to Las Vegas. And from the pictures, I'd say they had a great time.
They enjoyed the Vegas sites, did a bit of shopping and visited the Grand Canyon (something that I, the real "Yank", have never done). Their trip to the Grand Canyon involved a small plane, helicopter, boat and bus. When these ladies sightsee, they mean business.

Naturally, my sister-in-law, Kathleen had her camera with her and got some amazing shots. Apparently, it was 105 degrees in the shade and the other visitors thought the 3 Irish gals were crazy standing out front of the shade hut. Their response: It's lovely to see the sun after 60 consecutive days of rain!
Imagine how they must have felt returning to rain soaked Chicago and experiencing their first tornado warning, the very next day? They made the best of it...helping us get ready for Kit's 2nd birthday bash, shopping, and spending quality time with the IrishKids (at least that's how I hope they feel). Yes, it's nice to have a quiet house...but honestly, I prefer the hustle and bustle of family, and a busy house. As I said to Alan last night, I'm lucky to have a great relationship with his family. I look foward to having them here and miss them when their gone.

Girls, thanks for everything! You're truly amazing and we appreciate you sooo much. Love you lots and miss you all ready (the children especially)!

No comments: