Friday, February 29, 2008

The Dawn of A New Era

Do you see that? That's the dawn of a new era with the IrishKids....

As you can see, I am being quite literal. This picture was taken the morning after Kit's first night's sleep in her 'big girl bed'. So angelic (don't ya love lookin' at them when they're sleeping?)


She slept peacefully the whole night through, 7:30pm to 7: 15am...not a bother on her! And she was "sooooo excited" about her new bed, blanket, sheets and pillows.

Fionn inherited Kit's crib and as you can see, he's pretty happy about the new set up too! I'm hoping that he'll continue to wake up in this kind of humor with the new room arrangement. Let's just say he hasn't been much of a morning person for the past few months!
But I could definitely get used to that smile when starting my mornings!

6 comments:

Daniel & Jennifer said...

He does have a smile that'll melt hearts!!!
Kit looks so cozy in her new bed! I wonder how our first nights in a "big girl/boy" bed went...

Brenden said...

Does Kit know that she gets the couch when Uncle B is in town? I am sure the thought of that would drive her in to a temper tantrum that I so dearly miss. It is amazing to see how much Finn has grown since the last time I have seen him. Good stuff, but I want to see some pictures of the kids raising hell.

Terri said...

Kit looks so comfy in her bed. I can't wait until I can get back into my bed. The kids have both gotten so big, can't wait until I can see them, hopefully this summer.
Aunt T.

auntie.k said...

Hi there,
well she looks so cute I am sure she id feeling such a big girl now.
And what can we say about the other fella a total cutie look at that smile yes it is certainly the one you would like to be greated with every morning.
love Auntie K

Michelle and Jack said...

Nice bed, Kitzer! I love my big girl bed, too. Now we can have a sleepover...can't wait.

Sweet dreams, Lily.

The Bahns said...

Great pics, Shannon! Kit is becoming such a big girl (she looks so angelic sleeping in her new bed) and Fionn is as cute as can be. Maybe we can get all of the kiddos together for a play**** soon (Michelle loves that word!!!!)
Tanya